Monday 27 October 2008

Another Long And Busy Week.

The days just don't seem to be long enough right now,plenty to do and I had the man flue on top of everything else, still I've made it to Monday and have to say I am feeling much better but Jane my wife is now feeling unwell.
The week was very busy with general turning, Thursday,Friday should have been spent teaching but feeling so unwell I rearranged with my student.
Sunday found us with another early start heading off to an all day demo for the North Herts and Beds wood turning group near Leighton Buzzard the journey was wet all the way and it sure did rain! But the trip was well worth it the group were receptive to my demonstration and also asked numerous questions throughout the day, lunch went down very well and was supplied by the local pub and very good it was too for me the best bit was the fruit cheesecake with cream, lunch over I was back to work.
The afternoon was spent turning and piercing a very thin walled bowl which all ways goes down well, followed by a brief look at surface erosion techniques.
I then turned an off centre pendant after many requests to do so this project did not play ball the wood blank that I selected had a hidden crack in it, all went well until I attempted remove the piece from the chucking method when it promptly split along the hidden crack not even crazy glue could help with this one but I feel sure there may well be many being made over the next few months as Christmas approaches.
I feel that the group enjoyed my presentation and we left feeling they wanted to see more of my decorating techniques than the day had given us time for, maybe next time?
I would like to thank the club for the invitation, as I understand that they only have one all day demonstration a year.

No comments: