Saturday 15 August 2009

Time is never Enough


I know its been a while since I last posted and I will draw a line under the early part of the year as there seems little point writing about old events .
August 6th 7th & 8th saw the Bi- Annual seminar for the AWGB held at Loughborough which I attended and submitted work for the instant gallery I had a piece selected for the top fifty in the gallery again, which I was pleased to achieve a Bowl with a deecorated rim, I had submitted some other interesting pieces which you can see here I will post an image of the bowl when it is returned as it is at present away being photographed.
I did notice there is a great increase in the amount of coloured work that was displayed in the gallery compared to years past.
Friday saw the First ever internet auction to which I donated a piece from the Coral series which raised £340 for the cause The Youth Ttraining Scheme. The auction raised twelve and a half thousand pounds in total.
The weekend was informative, interesting and enjoyable, meeting old friends and having time to relax is always welcomed the Demo I gave on Sunday before lunch went well and was enjoyed so I was both happy and relieved.
The weekend always leaves me feeling tired and with mixed emotions as it only occurs once every two years. It answers questions and sets the mind in different/new directions this year the hot item for me is micromotors!



No comments: