Thursday 4 February 2010

The Days are rolling by.

January is always a difficult month for me there is usually a lul in production turning and things are normally pretty quite.
Nothing new for this year then, there is however a dramatic rise in students looking for and booking wood turning tuition, which is great this early in the year which is shaping up pretty well and I need to be be very careful how I manage my time, in this first half not forgetting to allow time for things that we Jane and myself want to do,that is not always easy.
Lets hope the weather improves as the days begin to get longer it has been a tough few months for cold miserable weather and now the snow has gone we are entering a damp period, which I find particularly depressing!
I have some interesting ideas for new works this year & I have been busy with my sketch book so keep your eyes open.
I keep promising to post some images of recent work and I will, it is not always easy with magazine deadlines and publishing dates.As there can be conflict but 2.& 3 are from recent articles written for GMC Woodturning magazine. The third piece ( The Ginger Jar) I am particularly exited by as it does not appear to be round but faceted.

1.The coral series.

2.The Rocket Box.

3.The Ginger Jar.(my latestpiece and article for GMC )
I also thought I would show you one of my watercolours from last year.This was my mothers day gift for my mother last year.
I also did some paintings as Christmas gifts and they went down very well.We all need a hobby when time allows.
I will try to post again soon but I must head to the workshop and play as the ideas are beginning to flood out of my mind and there is only so many hours in the day with good natural light..

No comments: